Saturday, January 12, 2013

Papertrey Ink + Mama Elephant = Awesomesauce!

I know, it's a bit late for Christmas cards but just consider it Christmas in January here! I still have Christmas sets out on my table so I played with them a bit. I love the snow globe in Mama Elephant's Believe in Magic set! The little skylines that come with the set are beautiful, but for this card I wanted it to have more of a "cutesy" theme, so I pulled out PTI's Tremendous Treats: Christmas and found that sweet little penguin. He's a tight fit, but he works! I hand-cut a mask for him and then stamped the little stars/snow from the ME set throughout the globe, and then colored him with Copics.



I cut the Polaroid style frame from Fabulous Frames from PTI's Blueberry Sky striped patterned paper and layered a piece of patterned paper from My Minds Eye Winter Wonderland 6x6 pad underneath. The globe is popped up over the frame, and the frame is popped up over a mat of Pure Poppy that's stamped with Snowflake Medley in Fresh Snow ink.



The sentiment, also from the Believe in Magic, is stamped on a banner die-cut that is also popped up on foam adhesive.



Thanks for stopping by, and Merry Christmas! ;)


2 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so cute. You did a great job assembling things from both companies to make a wonderful card. You will be ahead of the game for next year.

Kim Heggins said...

This is just awesome! I love that set from Mama Elephant, that snow globe is adorable with that sweet little penguin.