Monday, June 18, 2012

a card for my Happy Camper!

As I mentioned in my last post, my husband and oldest son went off on their first week-long Boy Scout camping adventure yesterday! So PTI's Summer Camp stamp set and patterned paper really came out at just the right time for me! I made a few cards to send to my son at camp this week. I remember how fun it was to get mail from home when I was at camp! But this first one, I actually sent with my husband to give to Ryan on the first night. It was inspired in part by Heather's card from the countdown, here.


I used Trendy Tree Tops for the tree, and the Simple Stripes impression plate on the cream panel. The tent and fire are both colored with copics and hand-cut.


Thanks for looking! I have a couple of other Summer Camp cards to post later this week, so check back soon! :)

5 comments:

Marybeth said...

Debbie this is just about the best camp card I have seen. I have a camp set from stamps by Judith . I told myself I didn't need this...... But now maybe I do. Thanks for sharing
I am sure your son will love this...

carol (krillsister) said...

cute card. I love the 3D effect with the dies. Your son is going to smile when he gets this one. I hope it won't make him homesick for you. Luckily his dad is with him.

Mayol said...

Great card! i love the camping scene with the big postage as the background!

Jingle said...

I so love this! Great job piecing it all together!

Carolyne Aarsen said...

I wasn't crazy about this set, but I really love how you brought this all together. Great card!