Friday, May 4, 2012

Make it Monday: Inspired Color Challenge

For this week's Make it Monday, Nichole did a great video about the use of color inspiration and applying the design principle of the "Rule of Three" to color. I was so happy to see that she also gave several different color palettes to use for the challenge. Here is the one I picked for this card:

I love the colors in this combo, and chose it especially because I wanted to use the new Winter Wisteria! :) I thought the combo would work well with a floral theme, so I pulled out Rosie Posie, along with Sweet Spring (for the frame), Celebrations, Take Three, and Faux Ribbon. I never noticed before how nicely the Celebrations and Sweet Spring frame image layer together - will have to remember that one!


Although I didn't plan to be too much of a stickler for applying the Rule of Three on every color, by the time I was finished, I think I did manage to adhere pretty well to the rule, lol!


I added texture to the top part of the white mat with an Impression Plate - it needed something, but I thought that more stamping would start to overwhelm the card. I finished it off with three little gems from Creative Charms.


Maybe I'll get to try another one of the lovely color combos over the weekend! Thanks for all the options, Nichole!

And thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Tracey McNeely said...

So beautiful Debbie! Love you balance of the colours.