Wednesday, April 25, 2012

PTI April Blog Hop - Happy Mother's Day

*whew!* I wasn't sure if I was going to get a card made for this month's PTI Blog Hop, but it did come together at the last minute (I won't confess just how last minute that was! ;) For this month's challenge, Nichole provided a lovely inspiration photo:
I pulled three primary things from the inspiration photo:
1. The color combination (which I translated into PTI colors of Spring Rain, Sweet Blush, and Berry Sorbet, with a little bit of Spring Moss thrown in the mix)
2. The mix of pretty patterns arranged in linear blocks, especially the blue stripes and the damask
3. Those gorgeous, big pink roses


As I was making the card, I wasn't sure what sentiment/occasion I was going to use... but I looked at it at one point and thought "hey, this looks like a Mother's Day card!" so that's where it went - check that off my card-making to do list! I used Damask Designs tone-on-tone on the background panel, and Faux Ribbon the for the stripes. The flowers and leaves are from Rosie Posie, and the "happy" is from Make a Wish (selectively inked), with the "mother's day" from Pretty Peonies.


I popped up the largest rose on the Mat Stack 1 + Layerz focal point, which itself is also popped up on the card base. And of course, I added those sweet little scalloped borders with the heart border die (I think someone needs to take it away from me.... I can't seem to stop using it! LOL!)


Three little pink Creative Charms rhinestones add the perfect finishing touch!

Thanks for looking, and thanks to Nichole and PTI for another great Blog Hop challenge!

21 comments:

Joyce said...

I knew I would find something special and gorgeous here--absolutely love your take on the inspiration photo--you have set up such a pretty scene for your mother.

Marybeth said...

Mother’s Day was the perfect sentiment, for this simply gorgeous card! Love the RP on your beautiful card!

Mayol said...

Beautiful! i love all the layers on your card, especially the use of scallops. The rhinestone cluster make an awesome finishing touch.

Audrey said...

Such a great card Debbie! It is getting harder and harder not to put Rosie Posie in my cart!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Debbie, love your stamping and colouring on all those lovely layers.

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous card, Debbie!

victoria h said...

love the roses against the patterned backgrounds.

Anne said...

Your mother will love this card. It is perfect. Love all the details.

Suzanne Russell said...

Just beautiful, Debbie! You really captured the spirit of the inspiration picture.

Ally said...

Beautiful. ;-) A perfect Mother's Day card!

Laurie said...

SO so pretty! I love that Rosie Posie for sure! and the damask background is fab!

cutiephinphin said...

Gorgeous card! Now I'm wishing I have the damask stamp.

Jill Norwood said...

Love your card! It is so gorgeous!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful! Love the damask in the background. Love the roses. Aperfect Mother's Day card.

Kristii said...

Oh Debbie, your card is gorgeous!!!! I love the colors and the damask background is fabulous!! The rosie posies are absolutely perfect!!

Lynn Put said...

Debbie your card is lovely! I really like how you've used the Rosy Posie set (I so need to get this set now more than ever)!

Laura :) said...

Such a pretty card! Love the flowers and scallop borders.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty card! Love the roses. Must get that stamp set. Seems most of the PTI blog hop entries used it for their creations. Definitely a winner and beauty!

Melissa said...

Beautiful, Debbie! You and I were on the same wave length for this card :)

Cheryl said...

Debbie, this is so pretty! I love the combination of patterns in the blue. Great composition, too.

June K said...

Lovely card. It captured the inspirational photo.