Thursday, April 19, 2012

Make it Monday: Step It Up - Layering with Little Bitty Bird

This is my second try at this week's Make It Monday: Step It Up - Layering challenge. I thought that Little Bitty Bird and the new Additions would fit well, so I made two different version of this "Sending You Sunshine" card. 

In the first version, I actually did a one layer card! SHOCKER, that is every unlike me, lol! I combined LBB and Additions with the grass  from Love Lives Here, the "sunburst" from Nativity Silhouettes, the frame from Sweet Spring and a sentiment from Simple Sunflower.


Now, for the "stepped up" version, I popped up the birds and birdhouse on foam adhesive. I cut a "sun center" from Harvest Gold with the Love Lives Here small scalloped circle die, and stamped it with a pattern strip from Half & Half in Summer Sunrise. It is popped up on foam adhesive on the sunburst. I also cut the Sweet Spring frame and Stamped it the same way. Then I put my sentiment on a banner strip, stamped in brown and Summer Sunrise, and popped it up on the frame shape. I used the picnic plaid impression plate on thefocal point panel, and then popped it up on a Summer Sunrise mat, and adhered that to a white card base.


This is a fun challenge - it's interesting to think of different variations on the same card! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Such great scenes in both of your cards.

carol (krillsister) said...

both cards are great, but the stepped up card has so many elements that just make it WOW! Love the coloring on the birdhouse and the stamped background and scripted sun. All nice touches.

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent, both of your cards are fantastic Debbie, but I really love all the extras on the 'stepped up' version.

Suzanne Russell said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love Little Bitty Birds. :) Congrats on the shout out from Nichole!

Teresa said...

Adorable card. Love all the details on the layered card

LEG Studios said...

Both of your cards are so sweet and cheery - love them!