Saturday, April 28, 2012

ColourQ Challenge #134 - Happy Birthday

I got a chance to play along with the current CoulorQ Challenge this week! I have to say, it took me a while to get this card to come together, but I'm glad I stuck with it because I'm so happy with the results. Here is the color palette photo:


I translated the color scheme into PTI Scarlet Jewel, Melon Berry, Orange Zest, Hawaiian Shores and Stampers Select White. The leaves and branches are from Lovely Leaves, stamped in Melon Berry and then colored with Copics (R01, R02, R05). I stamped the striped panel with Faux Ribbon and added the scallop edge using the heart border die.


The Happy Birthday is from Think Big Favorites, and I added the three little gemstones after custom coloring them with a Copic to match the Hawaiian Shores elements.

Thanks for the challenge, ColourQ! The orange and aqua are very "comfort zone" colors for me, but mixing them with burgundy and coral definitely forced me out of my comfy-colors-rut! :)

And thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Gina said...

Debbie! So, so pretty!!!!!

Kara said...

love this Debbie!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the ColourQ!!

Unknown said...

Debbie this is great. Wonderful use of this weeks colors. Thank you for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Debbie, fabulous stamping.

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Debbie, I love your stamping, flowers are beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

Leigh Penner said...

I love how you use the lovely leaves set, Deb! Your card is very pretty!

Joyce said...

What a pretty card. I love how you combined all the ColourQ colors. Your leave coloring is perfect.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card! I love the striped border. :) Thanks for playing at ColourQ this week!! :)

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Debbie :) :) :)