Friday, July 1, 2011

baby boy card - Echo Park & PTI

Today I want to share this sweet little new baby boy card. When I saw the airplane pattern in Echo Park's Little Boy line, I immediately thought of Papertrey Ink's Fly Away set and wanted to try to pair them up. All of the pattern paper is from Echo Park's Little Boy, except for the clouds which is from the Echo Park 6x6 Summer Days paper pad. The "baby boy" is from Verve's To The Moon, and the "on your" is selectively inked (with the help of some scotch tape!) from PTI's Make a Wish. Also, instead of using the "congratulations" sentiment in Fly Away, I borrowed the one in Tag It's 4, and just curved it on the block to fit the plane's banner. I liked the font style better, and I also preferred it because it doesn't have an exclamation point at the end, which I thought worked better here.


I added lots of stitching and the sentiment on a PTI die-cut cloud. The cloud, plane and banner are all popped up on foam adhesive.


Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Lisa H said...

oh yes, that is certainly a perfect pairing! It's very cute. It also reminds me that I need to make a card to send to my bro and his wife for their brand new son! =)

Suzanne Russell said...

Just precious! I think you must have had a lot of making that card!!!

Suzanne Russell said...

That should read "I think you must have had a lot of FUN making that card!!!"

Rebecca In MI said...

Love it and it matches the blog banner!

Gayatri said...

I love the orange and blue color combo on your card, Debbie! Great stitching. Cool card :)

Susan said...

I love how everything matches perfectly! Great colors, great layout, great elements. You should submit this card!!!

Jen Carter said...

This paper was MADE for this set! Such an adorable card!! Too cute!!