Wednesday, May 11, 2011

still Making it Monday! another boy birthday card

Can you tell that I've been getting in more time than usual at my craft table lately? Ahhh, how I love May! Spring semester is over so I'm not teaching until I start a summer course in July... the boys are still in school. That means mama has a quiet house to herself! :) So I'm still working on inking up some of my newest stamps, and my nephew's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. So I used the MIM: Selective Inking technique again on this card, with the new Boy Basics: Out of this World stamps and die:


I inked the countdown number strip only down to the 4, and then used the larger "3-2-1- blast off!"sentiment to finish the countdown. The "it's your day" is from Fillable Frames #8 and is stamped on a banner die-cut. I loved coloring that cute little rocket ship and flame tail with Copics!

I also finished the inside, using a stamp from Birthday Tags. I liked that the stars tied in with the stars on the card front, and added some more stars from Out of this World (ok, maybe I went a little overboard... I don't think my nephew will notice, lol!).


Of course, the rocket & flames are popped up on the front, which I think really adds movement. I also embossed the Enchanted Evening front panel and added a border-punched strip along the bottom.


Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Blast off indeed!!! This is just too cute, nice job.

C said...

Love the colors! Cute, Cute!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Fabulous card, Debbie!!! Really out of this world! Love the happy colors!!
Hugs, Wendy

Jingle said...

This is a super cute card!

BethieJ said...

This is so CUTE!! I LOVE it!! I didnt get this set and EVERYTIME I see it I wonder WHY I didnt!! FANTASTIC!!!
Have a GREAT day!

Kara said...

OUT OF THIS WORLD;)!

Lea L. said...

Debbie, this is just DARLING! I love how you've put the sentiment together, and the colors are just perfection!! Great job with PTI's Make It Monday challenge!!