Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink May Blog Hop: Flowers!

If you are looking for an astounding amount of floral inspiration, just check out the links for the May PTI Blog Hop! The theme for the month is flowers. PTI has some amazing flower sets, but I decided to take a little bit of a different direction, and make a flower out of a Delightful Doily - especially fun since I just recently purchased the coordinating dies!

I sponged my background using Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest and Pure Poppy inks, working from the center outward. I colored my doily with Copics, using shades of orange and Hawaiian Shores, and then created a center using the frame and sentiment from Tag-Its #1.


I "double-stamped" the stem from Flower Fusion #1, added the bee from Tag-Its 3, the flight trail from Boy Basics: Frog Hop, the "friend" from Flutterby Friends and grass from Love Lives Here.


Both the flower and the flower center are popped up on dimensional adhesive for added fun! :)

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Lindsay said...

So fun and colorful Debbie! Love that flower!

Milla said...

Wow, love the way you've built the flower, using the doily stamp is just genius! Love the background as well! Stunning card! :)

Laurie said...

Debbie this is so pretty! I love that gorgeous background!!

Marlena M. said...

Awesome, awesome colors!

Lisa said...

Amazing distressing and I love the little bee!!

Geny said...

Gorgeous card, the colors remind me of a hot summer day!

Renee said...

Your background is gorgeous...
so eye catching and vibrant!
Gorgeous card!

Jen Carter said...

That flower sure pops! Love the sponging and colors!

Sue Ann said...

So fun and vibrant. Love the colors ~~ the whole card just LOVE!!

Keva said...

Debbie, this is gorgeous. Love the gradient of the colors.

Lisa Elton said...

GREAT flower!! Too cute and just FUN!!

Jill said...

Cute idea, Debbie! Love your sponged background, and all-around clever use of multiple stamp sets! Oh, and doily die! Terrific!

Wendy ten Hove said...

This sooo lovely, Debbie! I love the colors!! that red/orange with the blue looks awesome! And the cute little bee is just perfect!!
Hugs, Wendy

DF said...

Beautiful and so creative!! Love the idea of using the doily. And the colours are so warm and fun!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great sunny colours!

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the background and the flower is absolutely perfect!

Neusinha said...

Very beautiful your work. I was sad because I lost the time of posting. I have a really nice card on my blog, http://neusinhafusco.blogspot.com/2009/05/cartao_20.html ........ and I'll be happy if you visit me. Thanks

jen said...

love that used a non-floral image as a flower!! it looks great- and that sweet bee is the perfect detail!