Saturday, May 7, 2011

Make it Monday: Impression Plate Tricks

The MIM challenge this week on Nichole's blog is so cool! I finished this card earlier this week, but just finally got around to photographing it so I could post today. :) The gist of the technique is to combine dies and an impression plate to emboss your card while leaving the shape of the die impressed into the embossing.

Since the Sunshine IP is one of my favorites, I thought it would go great with the cloud dies and balloons from Up, Up & Away (and I was itchy to do some Copic coloring, anyway... oh how I love to color those sweet little balloons!).


After applying the technique to my Harvest Gold panel, I stamped the clouds over the impressed area in Fresh Snow, and inked around the edges with a yellowy-orange chalk ink. I added the sentiment (also from Up, Up & Away) on a "label" that I cut using the new skateboard die from Skater Dude, with lines from the banner in Banner Builder.


The balloons and sentiment panel are all popped up on foam adhesive for added dimension.

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely scene you built, Debby! Love that clouds in the summery sky :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

fabulous

Suzanne said...

I LOVE the clouds paired up with the sunshine impression plate. This looks fabulous, Debbie!

Renee said...

Beautiful!
Love your colors...
and the ip looks fabby with those clouds!

Rebecca said...

Love how well this effect works with the sunshine impression plate. The inking on the edges really makes the card.

Leigh Penner said...

I love your combination of impression plate and die, along with the balloons and the inking-- this is just fabulous!

Jen Adcock said...

Wow! How amazing are those impressed clouds paired with the Sunshine IP? Too cool! I love your creative vision time and time again. This is soooooo good.

Keva said...

Ok, that's it. I an SO getting that impression plate. I LOVE it here. This card is so so cool. Awesome job with the MIM challenge.

Ingrid Danvers said...

What a wonderful card. Great take on this week's challenge.