Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Another Make It Monday - Selective Inking (TOP SECRET Birthday Card!)

I did another card for this week's Make It Monday Challenge, but shhhhhhhhh this is highly top secret since this card is for Tyler's birthday which is still nearly 2 months away! I didn't set out to make his birthday card, I just wanted to play with my new Train Tracks stamps and dies. But as the idea for the card came together, I just LOVED it so much that I decided to make it for Tyler!

The selective inking is on the "happy birthday" sentiment from Make A Wish, so that I could "balance" the sentiment on the train's crate cargo by splitting up the two words. I added the image from Ribbon Tails to create the "track" for the train, after inking it with black ink but then stamping it off once for a lighter, distressed effect. I used the "8" from Outline Alphabet, and colored it (along with the train cars, smoke puffs, and crates) with Copics.


The train is popped up on foam, of course. :) After completing the front panel, I felt that it was too "bottom heavy" and needed something for balance, to I reached for my Tiny Tags, and added a couple of sweet little sentiments. The circle tag is stamped with a Bitty Background Blocks image, and the star with the coordinating image from Tiny Tags.


Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Debbie, this is DARLING!!!!!

Unknown said...

Debbie this is so darn cute. I went back and forth last month on weather or not I wanted this set...now I do!

Elena said...

so, so cute!

Wendy ten Hove said...

This card is so much fun! Love the train and he colors!
Hugs, Wendy

Marybeth said...

This is so adorable. I'm going to have to get that set and some of that twine.

Leigh Penner said...

Such a cute card! I love all the details!

Emily Leiphart said...

Debbie, this is the cutest!!! I haven't inked up my set yet but you've really inspired me to do so. I love that you balanced the '8' on top of the crate and of course the fact that you used some Lemondrop baker's twine from The Twinery!

Keva said...

This is adorable, Debbie. I really like the color choices.

Monica K. said...

So cute!! Love the trains and the tags together! I have this set and need to use it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa Elton said...

This is just precious, super job!

Lea L. said...

This is just darling! I love the cute train, and those tags tied with twine are just a perfect little touch!! Great job with PTI's Make It Monday challenge!!