Sunday, February 13, 2011

another Make it Monday

I'm back with another project for this week's Make it Monday at Papertrey Ink! I had grand plans of getting several entries finished for this challenge, but I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with two this week, lol!  I am so glad that this will be an ongoing challenge series though - I can't wait to see what tomorrow's video tutorial is about!

But anyway, here is my card:


I used the "go-to sentiment" concept a bit differently this time than in my first entry, repeating the same Happy Birthday sentiment (from Birthday Basics) over and over, but with the main sentiment in Enchanted Evening ink to stand out from the others. I used a Mat Stack 2 layer that I cut in half (after stamping with an image from the MS 2 Collection in a tone-on-tone ink) behind the The Mat Stack 4 sentiment panel, punched a hole in each end, and threaded Enchanted Evening Baker's Twine through some Harvest Gold buttons. The whole panel is then popped up from the card base (which is cut with the totally fun Edgers dies) with dimensional adhesive.



I added the fun little present, cut from Enchanted Evening Bitty Dots paper and with an orange zest "ribbon", which I added tone-on-tone stripes to, using a stamp from the Banner Builder set.


Thanks for looking, and thanks again PTI for the fun challenge and amazing inspiration!


4 comments:

Aimes said...

Super, bright happy card, Debbie! Great for the guy birthdays as well as the gals! Love the way your main Mat Stack shape is reflected with those fabulous edger dies :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kara said...

this came out great...love the bright colors!!

Eva said...

Great use of the two mat stacks!

Laurie said...

That mat stack is really neat! I love how you stamped the sentiments!